Smart phone applications can now become every RVers new best friend. Today’s blog is going to share some great phone apps for RVers and many we have used in our own travels. These apps have helped us either save money, time, or just get a better level of comfort for a campground we know nothing about. Some of these apps can also serve as must have phone apps for campers as well. So here we go, drumroll please….
1. GasBuddy helps you find the cheapest gas prices. You can search by city/zip/postal code or by clicking “find gas near me”. PLUS you earn points and awards for posting gas prices. The app is available for USA and Canada.
2. RV Checklist – Meant to be used by anyone with an RV. RV Checklist will help you in being better prepared for camping trips, make sure you do not omit important tasks and track your progress toward completing important tasks. With different lists for departure, arrival/setup and prep.
3. Overnight Parking Finder – Every RVer knows that feeling of being on the road and looking at your spouse and saying, “Try to find a nearby Walmart we can park in for tonight”. This usually happens because the day’s travel did not go as planned and you are now moving to Plan B. With “OverNight Parking Finder” app, you will know which Walmart’s allow overnight parking and it has a built in turn by turn navigator to get you there. Also has a RedBox locator that can find any redbox in the USA. It has a recent update that locates Pilot, Flying Js and Rest Stops.
4. Sat Finder -SatFinder (Satellite Finder) is a tool which will help you to set up your RV satellite dish location. It will give you azimuth, elevation and LNB tilt for your location (based on GPS) and chosen satellite from list. The result is shown both as numeric data and graphical on google maps. It also has a built in compass which will help you to find the proper satellite azimuth. The satellite list is complete and includes all televison satellites, so the app should work worldwide.
5. SaniDumps – Need to find a dump station sooner than later? SaniDumps has the largest up-to-date RV dump station listings found anywhere. Quickly identify locations for emptying the gray and black water holding tanks in your trailer, camper or motorhome. The listings contain dump station locations at campgrounds, National, State and Provincial Parks, Forest Service sites, military campgrounds, highway rest areas, truck stops, sewage treatment plants, gas stations, fair grounds, RV dealerships and many more. Each dump station is clearly marked with color coded user fee, address and GPS coordinates, seasonality information showing when the stations are open and closed, etc.
6. AllTrails – New to an area and wondering, “Where is a good local hiking trail?” If so, this is a perfect app for you. Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews and tracks for outdoor activities for anything from hiking to fly-fishing. AllTrails allows you to browse for trails near you, view maps for routes, track your own activities with your phone’s GPS and add new trails you discover into the database.
We hope these apps make your RV travels more enjoyable. And remember, if you are in the Phoenix, AZ area and you need repairs to your RV, you don’t need an phone app to find the best mobile RV repair service in Phoenix. You just need to give Fix-My-RV a call at 623-875-5015. But don’t take our word for it; check out what our customers say about us: http://fixmyrvaz.com/customer-reviews/